CHILDREN + YOUNG PEOPLE
Building Healthy Relationships
Primary school group work programme
This unique programme from The Spark is designed to help children build and nurture positive relationships. It provides an overview of the fundamentals of healthy relationships and highlights the warning signs of unhealthy ones. Building Healthy Relationships also incorporates key themes like respect in relationships, rights and responsibilities and inclusion.
Delivered over a six-week block, the programme is highly interactive and facilitated by members of The Spark’s specialist Children and Young People Team.
Find out more about the Building Healthy Relationships programme using the links below:
Building Healthy Relationships – groupwork aims
The Building Healthy Relationships groupwork aims to help Primary-age children to:
- Explore the fundamental elements of relationships and who we can have relationships with
- Explore the building blocks of relationships and the positive/negative impact of these on ourselves and others
- Compare and contrast healthy vs unhealthy relationships and safe vs unsafe relationships
- Explore the ways we show respect and are included in relationships
- Understand the rights and responsibilities we have within relationships
- Explore how relationships change through the experience of transitions and growth, and
- Explore ways to have and maintain healthy relationships now and in the future.
|Building Health Relationships – groupwork|
|1. What are relationships?||60 minutes||Up to 15|
|2. What are the building blocks of a relationship?||60 minutes||Up to 15|
|3. Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships||60 minutes||Up to 15|
|4. Respect and inclusion in relationships||60 minutes||Up to 15|
|5. Active relationships – how they change throughout our lives||60 minutes||Up to 15|
|6. How do we maintain healthy relationships?||60 minutes||Up to 15|
Building Healthy Relationships – outcomes and competencies
By the end of the Building Healthy Relationships programme, pupils will have a basic understanding of:
- What relationships are and who we can have relationships with
- The fundamental elements of relationships and how they are built, in line with SHANARRI
- What makes a relationship healthy or unhealthy, safe or unsafe
- How individuals are included in relationships and how their rights and responsibilities within these are met, and
- How relationships are formed, change and are maintained as we grow and develop through life.
This learning programme is delivered by The Spark’s Children and Young People Team in your school or chosen location. Each group is limited to 15 pupils and runs for six weeks, with one session per week.
How to book
If you would like to talk about The Spark delivering Building Healthy Relationships in your Primary school or providing counselling, please complete the following contact form or telephone 0141 222 2166 during our office opening hours.