COUPLES + INDIVIDUALS
The Relationship Helpline
The Relationship Helpline is here when you need someone to talk to about a relationship problem. Someone who isn’t involved, who won’t take sides and won’t get upset or angry by what you want to say. Someone who will really listen.
Supported by the Scottish Government, our professional Helpline Counsellors are available Monday to Friday on freephone 0808 802 2088 during opening hours. The service is completely free of charge in Scotland and confidential. Your call won’t appear on any itemised phone bills.
- When is the Relationship Helpline open?
- What issues do people ask for help with?
- Do you offer counselling? How much will it cost?
The Relationship Helpline opening hours
The Relationship Helpline operates on the following days and times, excluding public holidays, on freephone 0808 802 2088
- Monday: 9am – 9pm
- Tuesday: 9am – 9pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 9pm
- Thursday: 9am – 9pm
- Friday: 9am – 4pm
What issues do people call the Relationship Helpline for help with?
Helpline counsellors are available to deal with any relationship issue however, here are some problems we regularly help our callers with:
- Relationship difficulties with their partner
- Conflict between siblings or parent-child conflict
- Relationship problems with family members or friends
- Impact of relationships on mental health
- Bullying in the workplace
- Separation or divorce
- The impact of disability, caring responsibilities or chronic ill-health
- Impact of Covid-19 fears, lockdown, stress and/or isolation on relationships.
Everyone feels overwhelmed with life at times and our important relationships – with our partner, family or friends – can suffer. Sometimes relationships are the source of our problems. When you feel like this call The Relationship Helpline on 0808 802 2088 during opening hours.
Do you offer counselling? How much does it cost?
Calls to the Relationship Helpline are free on 0808 802 2088 from landlines and mobiles. Callers who might benefit from more focused counselling and support can access it through the helpline. Please note that additional counselling is a fee-based service however, our policy is never to refuse counselling to anyone for financial reasons.
Calls to this helpline are free from landlines and mobile phones within Scotland and do not appear on itemised bills.