PARENTS + FAMILIES
Counselling and support for parents and families
The Spark provides counselling and support to parents and families as they face the challenges of everyday life. Our counselling services include telephone counselling and online counselling services.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID19) – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Spark has increased capacity on our telephone counselling and online counselling services in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. Please read our latest update on how to access our services during this difficult time.
From family counselling to advice on becoming a parent, The Spark is focused on making your family relationships better.
Counselling for unique families
Families are all unique. Blended families, step-families, parenting apart, parenting together are now common types of family unit.
With different family types come issues like the stress of becoming new parents, adoption, step-families or the challenge of parenting teens. Sibling relationships, feuds and divorce can further complicate family dynamics.
The Spark offers family therapy and support services to help improve family relationships.
Find out more about counselling for parents.
Why seek counselling?
When a couple become parents the complexity of their relationship increases. It is no longer just about them and new challenges and experiences emerge that counselling can help with.
The circumstances behind a decision to seek family counselling and support are always unique.
However common issues tend to fall into the following categories:
- Communication: we don’t talk / they don’t listen / we can’t get through to our kids
- Life changes: births, adolescence, divorce, empty nest or bereavement
- Work issues: difficult relationships with managers/colleagues, redundancy or unemployment
- Mistrust: affairs, lies between parents and children
- Family conflict: sibling conflict, separation or step-families.
Professional and clinical excellence assured
We are proud to be a recipient of the COSCA Recognition Scheme Award for organisations undertaking counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland.
This award reflects our commitment to professional and clinical excellence in our counselling services.
Fully accredited counsellors and therapists
Family counselling services
The Spark’s family therapy and support services include:
- Couples counselling for parents – online counselling appointments
- Family counselling – online counselling appointments
- The Relationship Helpline – free, telephone service for relationship support and access to free counselling in a safe and confidential environment
- Free resources – from our weekly blog to booklets and advice to download and use.
Counselling for all
The services available from The Spark are open to all people over the age of 16 and living in Scotland, irrespective of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.
Please call freephone 0808 802 2088 to make a counselling appointment.
Alternatively, complete the confidential online form below and The Spark will get back to you at a time convenient to you.